Wednesday, November 22, 2017

DFL 2017 Week 11: Don't call it a come back!

Hey motherfuckers.  Guess who broke their losing streak?


 I'll give you a hint.   It wasn't Skoot.  He's still squarely in losertown.  With my definitive (read 0.28 point) margin of victory, all should be prepared for my reign of glory to kick back in just like it was at the beginning of the season.  Like my son says:

Dab the haters....
Now, I know that that we'd all like to bask in my greatness, just for a little bit longer...  Actually, no.  Let's bask just a little bit longer:

mmm 0.28 points has never felt so good...
OK, moving on. I wanted to give a quick shout to an actual rising star:  our very own Kyle (Hi Billy Mays Here).  Last month he was but ass last.  Like, even lower than Mike.  But this week, he pulled a 4th victory in a row and that landed him in 4th freaking place!!  Now his position is a bit precarious since his overall points total isn't exactly dominating, but it's definitely an interesting Cinderella story in the making.

See what I did there?  A Cinderella Story?  And it's precarious?
Dammit, all y'all're gonna miss me when I'm gone!
And it ain't just luck.  Dude has made 17 transactions in November *alone*.  So, watch out if you're playing Kyle in the next few weeks and you put any credence into the hot hand fallacy at all.

Lots of good picks this week.  Ben went 5-1 (sigh), while Phil, Crutch, Josh, and Mike went 4-2.  Bringing up the rear is Terri who pulled in a respectable 3-3.  The result is that Ben continues to inch closer to first (dammit), Crutch and Josh stay tied for third, and Mike tied Terri.

Phil:  43
Ben:  41
Crutch:  27
Josh:  27
Mike:  18
Terri:  18
Patrick: 15

This week, we could have had Ben pull a "You're not my supervisor!", but he had to vote for himself.  Seriously, folks.  We need to start handing Ben some losses, just so that his picks can take a dive.

(As a side note, as of the time writing this, all of the contenders have locked in their votes.  So,I think that we've got some players this year.)

We'll start at the top and work our way down for the match ups.

Ben vs. Patrick. This was expected to be a slut fest and it was.  (EDIT:  Obviously, I meant "slug fest", but I decided to leave it because it's better this way.)  Both teams had the D leading in points.  Both teams had great performances at the flex spot.  But in the end, Ben's team just out performed at each position.  The good news for me is to say that Patrick can embrace his inner Cowboy fan and join the "If I had Zeke I would have won" chant.

Was that over the line?  That might have been over the line...
Terri vs. Josh  Well how about this upset?  And the beat down of the week goes to Terri this week.  But not like we'd expect.  She delivered the beat down of the week.  The super shitty thing here is that Josh's last minute change of Smith-Schuster for Allen cost him the game.  (It's like dad always said "Never trust a man named JuJu.")  Well, that an Dak and dem boys completely shitting the bed in SNF.

Take notes.  Dak' -7 points is a goo crash course.

Phil vs. Kerry.  (Side note:  Damn, it feels good to put my name first after all of this time.)  OK Yeah, I might have over sold this one at the top of the article.  Truth be told, the margin of victory is *razor thin* here.  0.28 points.  And it was all decided on Monday night football.  Kerry just had Wilson and the Seattle D to play.  And holy cow did they make it close!  One again, my team hit line up Nirvana because my bench pretty much had nobody on it, between injuries and BYEs.

Line up Nirvana face
Kyle vs. Mike  Yep.  Kyle is still riding the Pats train.  But it seems to be working for him , so who am I to say no?  Mike... man.. I dunno man.  To your credit it does look like you're still trying, but your team is fighting you ever step of the way.  I mean benching Ryan at Seattle to start Smith at New York makes a hell of a lot of sense.  Just didn't work out.  Next year, man.  Next year.



Crutch vs. McClennen.  First and foremost, let's congratulate Crutch here.  Solid game and respectable 70 points win, with a 30+ point margin of victory.  But McClennen, bubby, what are you doing here?  McCoy and Howard turned in solid performances, but then your TE and kicker are on the Jets.  And just getting around the part where you are starting two Jets players, the Jets were on BYE this week.  Add on top of that the fact that you started Washington against the hot Saints makes me wonder if you're not dipping into your Lagavulin a little hard.  But what really REALLY surprised me is that you actually did go into your team this week and tinker a little because you changed out MCown (another Jet) because he was on BYE (yay!) for Tom Brady's backup, which is ... odd.



D vs. Skoot.  Well, someone had to win this one, right?  And D did.  Well, more specifically, Cousins did.  Ugh, it pains me to say that the best player of the game was Cousins.  This pretty much sums up this game:



And that's about it.  Next week is week 12, so we're going to start playing the same teams that we started the season.  If you dropped a game or two at the start, now's the time to get sweet, sweet revenge.


See you tossers next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment