Wednesday, November 15, 2017

DFL 2017 Week 10: It ain't getting better...

Hey!  Remember last week how I was all hopeful that October was going to be the end of all of the pain?  Didja check the scoreboards this weekend?

Spoiler Alert:  It wasn't pretty...
Both Skoot and I take *another* loss this week, in perhaps the stupidest game of chicken to see who can have the longest losing streak in the league.  I'm going to guess that he blinks first.  


But here's the thing.  It's not that 3/4 of my top draft picks are out (and the last one is a WR whose QB is out).  No, no.... The worse thing is Ben.  You might think that my terrible writing style made me forget to finish that sentence.  It did not.  I will retype it to emphasize what I just said.  In fact, you know what?  I'm going italics with this.  Ben is the worst.


Where to start unpacking my shit show of an old roommate?  Well, let's take a look at his bench.  He's still carrying Luck.  You know why?  To spite me.  No, seriously...

Editor's note:  I actually hit line up Nirvana this week because my bench scored
a grand total of 0 between injuries and BYEs.  (And I had to drop starters to do so.)
But that's not all.  Check this.  See how Ben forgot to swap out his TE this week?  Well, turns out, that was actually intentional:


Does my warning against hubris slow him down?  Nay!  It only makes him double down, like a mini-Trump:



Then what happens?  What happens????  Not only does Ben win, but he gets the highest points total of the week, AND locks in the first playoff berth of the year.  


Screw that guy.  Amirightguys??

OK... but let's segue from ranting to actual reporting, shall we?

Pick 'ems!  Only three entries this week.  Ben went 5-1, Phil 4-2, and Crutch 2-4.  So, that means that Ben is officially in striking distance with 7 weeks left.  Again, fuck that guy.  But in happier news, Crutch did manage to scrape together enough points to be tied for 3rd right now.   (And if the season ended right now, he'd be ahead because he's got more overall picks than Josh does.)

Phil  39
Ben  36
Crutch 23
Josh 23
Terri 15
Patrick 15
Mike 14

Also, yet ANOTHER You're not my supervisor.  Everyone picked Skoot to beat Crutch this week, but Skoot decided that perhapsa shitty team was the better part of valor and nosedived...

Guess that we can't put it off any longer...  Let's get to the games.

Ben vs. Terri.  We all know what happened here, and nobody is happy with it.  Least of all Terri, because she just pulled off a Ben AGAINST Ben, because she scored the second highest points this week, but she played the highest point total.  And one more quote from Ben, just in case you don't realize what a pile of dicks he is:


Josh vs. Mike.  This was projected to be a hella-close games and it certainly turned out to be!  Josh *barely* eeked out a victory over Mike by less than a point.  (As a side note, I cannot believe how many games have come down to less than a point this year.  it's uncanny!)  So, once again, Mike lives up to his namesake and remains firmly in last place.  But barely so...


Kyle vs. Phil.  Another close one here!  Kyle pulls in a much needed win to hopefully keep his post season alive with a small margin of victory of 3 points.   And if I may take an aside here, I currently have the point points for AND the most points against.  I'm pretty sure that I've had this all season, but I know that I've had it for at least 5 weeks.  September (when I last tasted victory) seems so far off....  I remember those halcyon times!!!

Jesse, No!  Be nice..
Crutch vs. Skoot.  Finally, Crutch's team is coming together.  4 players went double digits, and somehow he pulled off a pretty decisive win, even though he only scored 67 points.  On the other hand, I've been giving Skoot a hard time for not setting his line up the last few weeks.  And what happens?  He hits line up Nirvana and can't do a damn thing with it.  

I mean, like, not  really.  Set your line up, man!
Patrick vs. D.  And speaking of forgetting to set line ups.   Geez guys.  What happened here?  3 players (total from both teams) were started who didn't need to.  and to top it off, D started the Buffalo D against NO.  I mean, really?  


Kerry vs. McClennen  I mean, usually married games are more fun than this.  On the plus side, both teams did start a full line up.  But on the minus (and more pertinent) side, LOWEST SCORE OF THE WEEK.  And for extra shame for McClennen, that would be the beat down of the week that he just got there.  For this shameful performance from both of you, there will be no gif.

Just a static image.  Think about what you've done.
I would say good luck next week, but really, what do I know?  If you'll excuse me, I'm going to go cry a little...

No comments:

Post a Comment