Tuesday, November 29, 2016

DFL 2016 Week 12: FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUU......

....UUUUDGE

I actually said cock sucker motherfucker.  'Scuse my French...
Yeah, let's take a look at what happened in week 12:

  1. Panthers lost after having a phenominal 3rd quarter.  (Fucking Carr....)
  2. Eagles lost on national television.  (Don't even get me started)
  3. I added a 3rd game to my losing streak.
  4. It was FUCKING Crutch who beat me this week.  That would be the guy who hasn't even set his line up in 6 weeks!!!  DAMMIT!
  5. And most anger-inducing of all:

ARGGG!!!!

Let's play a little game.... Let's see who everyone drafted in the first round of the draft, and how they are doing now:

Crutch:  Brown 142
Kookie: ODB 114
Missy: Rodgers 218
Terri:  Hopkins 70
Mike: Jones 108
Patrick: Johnson 190
Ben: Gurley 89 
Melanie:  Elliot 174
Phil: Gronk 52
McClennnen: Miller  100
Skoot: Bell  119
RA Dave: Newton  129

WTF, GRONK????  You were supposed to be my ace in the hole you jerkface.  Oh, but TEs don't score as much as other positions, I hear you say.   How are the other TEs doing??? I'll put it to you this way, Gronk, isn't top 5.  He's not top 10.  Shit, he's not even top 15.  ARRGG!!!!

Don't you even start, Ben.
So, yeah....  Not exactly a banner week for ol' Phil.  I could go on and on.... but I better not.

Yeah, this seems about right.

But let's get to the important stuff.  Starting, of course with the pick 'ems.  The G's did well this week, both going 4-2.  Me? Not so well (But really, who's surprised about that this week??) at 2-4.  So, now we're sitting at
Terri 41
Phil 39
Mike 37
RA Dave 33
What's that?  Did I forget to mention someone on their pick count for this week?  Well, RA Dave made all 6 picks, and all 6 of them were wrong.  Ouch.  Now, if Terri could just take a page from Dave's playbook, we'd all be sitting in butter.  So, it looks like pick 'ems is going down to the wire.  Rah!

OK let's do this.  And we'll start.. Well, shit, let's just get the pain out of the way first:

Crutch vs Phil.  Highest score of the week (the only one getting triple digits) versus the lowest score of the week.  So, yeah, a pretty freaking thorough beat down of the weak.  105.68 - 40.98.  But let's take a closer peek under the hood.  Gronk, who left in teh first FREAKING quarter wasn't the low scorer on my team this week.  Not, there were *TWO* players going negative.  Just so that I could get a peek into the mind of a winner, I texted Crutch to get his reaction.  His exact words were:
Wait... are we still doing that? Yeah, I don't think that I looked at that in weeks.
and
Wait... was that the first time that I broke into a triple digits score? Bwahahahahahahaha.
 And for the record.  Yes, yes it was.  The closest before that was back in week 2, with 85 points.  (Also, fun fact, this is the second time this year that I played Crutch AND the second time this year that I couldn't break 50 points.  ARRRG!!

Kinda how this week felt.  Oh and 3/4 people picked me to win this week.
Mike vs. Patrick.  And the next highest score of the week was Mike, who racked up an impressive almost 89 points.  Well, it would be impressive if between his QB and his TE, there weren't 7 freaking touch downs.  I mean, really, what did the rest of your team do?  Patrick pulled in 61 points, which would have been decent, had he not started the LA D.... who was playing against the TD machine Brees.  So, Mike keeps his stranglehold on 1st place.  I've got an awfuly bad feeling that this is what Mike is going to look like in about 5 weeks:


Ben vs. Melanie.  Ben pulled off this solid victory over Melanie 84-57.  Each had impressive QBs and an impressive RB performance.  It's just the this is all that Melanie had, meanwhile the rest of Ben's team fared pretty well.



Terri vs. Missy.  Well, Terri is keeping her season alive now....barely.  Though this as a pretty solid win over Missy.  (77-45).   The bad news is that pretty much all of her scoring cam from Big Ben and the KC D (and really, who thought that the KC D would hold up so well against Denver?).  The good news is that Missy didn't really have anyone except for Rodgers scoring,so it didn't really matter. And man.... Missy had 2 players playing on Monday night....  so her score was pretty low.  I am kinda bummed that Rodgers did so well... I mean, I'm a sucker for a low scoring team, as long as it isn't mine.
I Also have nothing to say about this game...


Skoot vs. RA Dave.  OK,gotta tell ya.  Was not expecting ANOTHER win from Skoot.  Especially not when going up against RA Dave.  But our (still) in 12th place team Skoot caused a BIG upset, adding another loss to the longest losing streak in the league.  Dave hasn't won a game in over a month and he needs to make some changes if he wants to make it to the post season.  Maybe dropping Cam will help.  Just lemme know when you're about to do that.



McClennen vs. Kookie.  Holy cow!  What a game to end on.  Sure, it wasn't the most impressive scoring game.  Neither starting D actually had positive points. and oddly, Kookie (who lost) was the only one who had anyone with double digit points, except for the QBs.  But here's the thing....  Kookie was dominating the league a few week ago.  But he's ona 3 game losing streak.  Yeah, he secured a playoff berth this week, but unless he can turn things around he's got MAJOR problems heading into the post season.  Well done, McCelnnnen (who is currently sitting in 3rd place - I mean, who saw THAT coming??)!

It's OK for me to take sides... my season is pretty much over.

Well, on the plus side, there is still a LOT of room in the playoff race.  Currently, only Mike and Kookie have secured space.  So, nobody can *really* give up quite yet.  Well, nobody except for Skoot, who's on a 2 game winning streak.  

And there was much rejoicing.
Next week.  Next week will be better, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment